To accurately maintain records of all hotel sales transactions and to assist the Front Desk with providing service to guests during evening hours. Function as a Bell person by providing luggage assistance to overnight guests as needed.
To present a positive image of the Hotel to all guests and be knowledgeable of all hotel service to provide an exceptional experience for guests. All functions are to be carried out in an environment of teamwork.
-Demonstrate strong hands-on familiarity with cash handling procedures.
-Demonstrate strong competency with 10 key calculations by touch.
-Ensure that audits are completed free of mathematical or procedural errors.
-Ensure that guest transactions will satisfy performance standards for front desk agents.
- Ensure that audits completed reflect the following:
- Audit entries are correct and legible with tapes attached.
- Reports, tapes, receipts and supporting paperwork organized for simple review of work.
- Ensure that audit reports, daily receipts, tapes, supporting documentation are chronologically filed.
- Ensure that proper procedures for dealing with guest illness or injury, system failures, fire alarms, robbery, security incidents and other emergencies are described accurately and/or followed if they occur.
- Offer observations and assistance to management and operating departments, which improve the efficiency of the audit.
- Anticipate late night check ins and check outs and do not allow lack of immediate access to automated systems to inconvenience guests
.- Refer to the daily event sheet to direct guests to the correct meeting room, as needed
.- Demonstrate knowledge of the departments and names of management personnel to direct guests for further assistance.
- Thank our guests for their patronage and invite them back again.- Maintain open communication channels with my co-workers and managers.
- Immediately report any other out-of-the ordinary issues to management.
- Adhere to the hotel's policies and procedures
.- Follow all safety guidelines to ensure personal safety and that of guests and fellow employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form