Responsible for interacting with restaurant guests, fellow staff members, and supervisors in a polite, courteous, and hospitable manner, to ensure an exemplary dining experience. You will make cocktails and espresso beverages, pour beer and wine, take orders, give enticing suggestions, conduct full and complete food/wine/beverage service, and monitor guests’ dining experience by performing the duties outlined below.
• Makes non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages for patrons and servers.
• Is knowledgeable on espresso beverages, cocktails, beer and wine and all locally sourced products.
• Presents menu, answers questions, makes suggestions regarding food and beverage.
• Is knowledgeable on all food served in restaurant and any associated allergies.
• Takes orders and uses POS system to relay orders to food and beverage preparation areas.
• Takes to-go orders for guests.
• Serves food and beverage to guests using The James Hotel’s standards for timing and hospitality.
• Observes and monitors guests during the course of the dining experience to respond to any and all needs the guest may have.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong customer service skills
• Guest centric oriented
•Knowledge of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages
•Knowledge about the menus, the property and the area
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Have excellent communication and organization skills
• Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
• Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
• Computer skills
• Able to exert up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently
• Able to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays when business needs dictates.
• Able to effectively present information in English, in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the organization
• Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
• Basic math skill
• Minimum of 6 months to 1 year related restaurant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
•Ability to carry wait trays loaded with dishes and glasses