A barback interacts with the bar's guests, fellow staff members and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure all guests have an exemplary experience. This person cleans the bar and equipment, counts inventory, keeps all beverage storage areas in order and replenishes all bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and supplies by performing the following duties.
Stocks the bar and all bar storage areas with all-necessary products and materials for service.
Maintains cleanliness of all bar areas, including but not limited to; all coolers, sinks, shelves, storage rooms, walk-ins, counters, floors, bus buckets, and trash receptacles.
Assists in the performing of daily, weekly and monthly inventory as directed by the bartender and management.
Complies with all occupational, health and safety standards.
Assists in the safe preparation of the bar and its supplies for regularly scheduled exterminations.
Maintains the level of cleanliness of the bar and surroundings.
Secures all liquor, wine and beverage through security procedures dictated by management.
Documents all liquors and supplies that are pulled out of storage and into service in order to maintain pars.
Helps maintain the cleanliness of the bar and integrity of the bar by completing all side duties and special projects as issued by management on a daily basis.
Set up and break-down of all bar areas .
Stocking, maintaining pars and/or cleaning all bar products (beverages and dry goods), surfaces, refrigerators/coolers, etc.
Performs end of the night procedures and sidework.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong customer service skills.
• Guest centric oriented.
• Knowledge about the area.
• Attention to detail.
• Planning and organizational ability.
• Able to work flexible, sometimes long hours.
• Able to exert up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently.
• Ability to stand during the entire shift.
• Ability to add and subtract.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other staff members.
• Ability to work in close quarters and small rooms and is frequently exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• 3 to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.