Food and Beverage Supervisor
This position is responsible for the successful operation and administration of all aspects within the banquets department. This team member must ensure that the department is continually balanced and focused on providing an exceptional food and beverage experience to every guest and maximizing department profitability at the same time. They are responsible for ensuring that all banquet activities are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. He/She will serve as the banquet department liaison to all other facility departments
• Review all Banquet Event Orders to coordinate scheduled events.
• Complete and post weekly staff schedule ensuring an adequate number of staff to serve each function.
• Meet with department heads to plan and coordinate efforts for schedule functions.
• Requisition or obtain equipment and supplies needed for each function.
• Inspect each function room prior to schedule event to check whether room setup, menu and schedule of events conform to the function sheet.
• Greet client prior to the function.
• Continually direct and assist banquet staff during the entire event.
• Supervise cleanup and breakdown of function.
• Have the ability to perform all position in banquet operations in order to supervise, direct and train all banquet personnel.
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• Development and training of banquet servers
• Coordination of multiple events operating concurrently.
• Providing a smooth transition between the catering sales team and the guest.
• Be a team player insuring open and honest communication between sales and F&B.
• Monitor, order and maintain departmental equipment and daily supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Must be a team player with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• Must be a self-motivator
• Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications is desirable